There are many agencies in Limestone County that can provide various types of assistance following a disaster.
The Limestone County Volunteer Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD) is an organization consisting of local voluntary organizations. VOAD is activated at the request of the Limestone County EMA and provides a point of coordination for its’ member agencies. Contact information for VOAD is as follows:
- Phone: (256) 216-3894
Below you will find a list of some of the agencies which can provide assistance following a disaster.
- Adventist Community Services
- Alabama Baptist Disaster Relief
- American Red Cross
- Episcopal Relief and Development
- Food Bank of North Alabama
- Lutheran Disaster Response
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- The Salvation Army
- United Methodist Committee on Relief
- United Way of Athens-Limestone County